Monday, September 17, 2018

Yoinked Saitama Samurai

It's been raining a lot recently! And it actually gets cool now!
Our week was full of crazy adventures so I'll do my best to keep them brief!

On Wednesday, I went to my last zone conference! I gave a training about teaching, testifying, inviting, promising blessings and following up. It turned out to be a pretty good training and we all learned together. On top of that, we got trainings from President and Sister Warnick. It was a super spiritual time. It's gonna be hard to leave everyone.

The next day, we made a journey to Saitama, which is outside our mission. Elder Hansen needed see a doctor so we got permission to go. It was a two hour train ride. Lots of great sights on the way and the doctor spoke a little English too, making it easier on me to translate. 

The Pistner family came to church yesterday and they said they enjoyed it! It was a miracle! After church, we scrambled to the stake center for a mission prep class. We have 3 members preparing for a mission so we helped out a bit. It was a really good meeting and I wish I went to something like that before I left. Then we rushed over to Zama base to have dinner and DCS with the Hyde family. They fed us bratwurst and Thai curry! They are a wonderful family and they work so hard! He drove us home afterward and we talked about our investigators and how to help the branch. We usually go with a purpose of helping members when we visit any member, but I think they are the ones helping me. A true display of the fruits of the gospel! I'm so thankful for this opportunity as a missionary!

We went to Odawara Temple today and we became samurais! It was funny cause as we walked around in the samurai outfits, a ton of people took pictures of us and thought we were workers. I wouldn't mind working at Disneyland or some place with a costume some day haha. It was quite a long trip, but worth it! 

With these last few P-days, I'll be preparing to return...with that said, if you send an email and I don't get back to you right away, I apologize! Anyway, have a good one!

-Elder Chab
チャブ長老
#RaiseTheBah



Last zone conference!



Lunch in Saitama before the doctor's!



Odawara Castle!