Monday, September 10, 2018

Welcome to Thailand!

Again, no time to write emails this week so this will be short. 

On Saturday, we had a Luau party for the stake. Elder Cuff and I were the only ones here for the previous Poly Night so we got to help with some of the dances. We did the haka and slap dance with me drumming again. A lot of people showed up and it was a lot of fun. 

The next day we had both sacrament meetings again. We had a little bit of finding time after church so we went to Yamato station. While we were over there, I met some Thai people selling food. After talking to them, they have us some food. How nice of them!

We returned to the church and began making Thai green curry. So some background; while I was in Machida, we had Curry Night once a month with the ward. I suggested the idea over here and they decided to do it. We were expecting 30 people but at least 80 people showed up. We served Thai Green curry and normal curry; it was like a soup kitchen haha. They all loved it, even though it was spicy. It seems like it really helped the relationship with the ward. I'm glad my Thai roots could come in handy on the mission! 

Remember to set your light on top of a hill, so that others may see it and choose to follow the Savior. 

-Elder Chab
チャブ長老
#RaiseTheBah



One of the most open parks I've seen in Japan



The comps!



I love nature!