Monday, July 2, 2018

Will it Matter in a Thousand Years?

Blazin' hot this week. I thought Southern California summers were bad.
Nevertheless, we hit the pavement hard!

We got to do a video lesson on LINE with our friend Fei. He mainly
speaks Chinese but knows quite a bit of English and Japanese. He had
some trouble understanding some things due to the language barrier but
after the lesson, I had my Japanese father, 高村兄弟 help him out in
Chinese. He really has a desire to learn more and wants to be baptized
in the near future!

We had a zone blitz at 戸塚駅 on Friday night. Pretty cool cause I was
there back in January when I was stationed in 保土ヶ谷. We talked to a lot
of people and it was a lot of fun!

So I watched an episode of "Hope Works" recently. It's kinda like
TEDtalks or some other motivational speech show. Stephen Jones talked
about his life for a bit and what helped him with decisions. He asks
himself "Will it matter in a thousand years?" I really liked that
idea. It works with a lot of things..for example:
Maybe you have an argument with a family member or friend. Maybe you
are deciding whether or not you should quit your job. Go to school or
go serve a mission?
He said, "If it doesn't matter in a thousand years, it doesn't matter to me."

With that said, I think all of our choices matter. Sometimes we may
have a lot of decisions and miss out on what's really important. Right
now, I have the opportunity to invite others to come unto Christ.
Whether or not they accept right away doesn't matter. Rejections do
not mean I have failed. But the fact that they were offered a chance
will matter in a thousand years.
Please take some time and ask yourself "Will it matter it matter in a
thousand years?" and "What will I do?"

Have a splendid summer!

-Elder Chab
チャブ長老
#RaiseTheBah