Monday, July 23, 2018

Like Father, Like Son

頼もう!
I take back what I said last week about being exhausted. I really experienced it this week! 

Before transfers, we cleaned our apartment, had a few district meetings, SPM, 英会話 and a few lessons. A lot of members from one of my previous areas, Hodogaya, were at SPM. I was super glad to see them. In one of the lessons, we met with 英一郎さん. He's a  new investigator with a lot of potential. He agreed to be baptized on August 26 when he knows this is true :) 

Transfer day came and I went to the 本部 to go pick up my new missionary. It was announced that I'd be training Elder Ormond, from New Zealand. We were both pretty excited. He's a big dude with a big heart. Over the last few days, we've been working hard and he's got a lot of enthusiasm for the work. After getting home the first day, we had a lesson with Feiさん, which was in English/Japanese/Chinese. Quite the day. I took him to go buy his bike the other day as well. All of it reminds me of when I first got to the field, pretty 懐かしい!

One night during all of this, I sat down and just thought about all the work I haven't done yet. I had things to organize for the district and ward while training Elder Ormond. I was feeling pretty stressed and didn't know if I could handle all of this. But after taking a step back, I realized that just with all callings and assignments, God knows how much we can handle and what will help us grow. I'm not a perfect missionary nor person, but with God's help, I can do all things. 

With that peace, everything's just been a breeze. I've received a lot of guidance for the district and I'm excited to apply it! We have a lot to do this transfer and many of them will be new to my companion, but that's the fun of it! 

-Elder Chab
チャブ長老
#RaiseTheBah



Last district picture before the transfer!



Elder Ormond and I!



Bike shopping!