Monday, July 16, 2018

La Fiesta! Transfer 15!

Lot of adventures this week! 
I went on splits with Elder Bird on Thursday and Elder Palmer on Friday. Elder Bird and I tried something new. We filmed us teaching about prophets and sent the video to 智彦さん, who has been quite hard to meet recently. Technology has helped our 伝道 so much! Also, as we were walking home from the station, it started to rain cats and dogs! There wasn't a cloud in the sky before that, so we weren't ready. We ran in the rain and made it home, completely drenched. We had district dinner later on at Sukiya, where I got a king size of gyudon. It was a lot of food but I finished it. T'was quite the experience. 

Later that night, we taught Feiさん over LINE video chat. 高村兄弟 from 保土ヶ谷 helped us out with the Chinese. Feiさん is making a lot of connections with what we've taught. We are hoping to set a baptismal date with him for August 25th! 

Elder Palmer and I had a wild time out in the blazing hot sun. We talked to a lot of people and had some Indo curry. Although we've known each other our entire mission, we never served together until now. And unfortunately, he's finishing his mission this week. Lot of dying missionaries, but I'm not trunky one bit haha. 

We had a fiesta on Saturday! About 350 people came! The decorations and costumes were fantastic! Lot of work was put in to make it happen, and it was a great turn out. I got to do a dance from Argentina and speak some spanish to people that came. What a great day to be a missionary in Japan!!

Transfer calls came and I'll be staying in Yamato! My new companion will be a brand new missionary and I will be a district leader! Quite the combination. A lot of missionaries are going home this week and our mission is shrinking. Zones will now consist of entire stakes instead of being split in half. I'm entering my last 12 weeks and my new companion will begin his first 12. Going to be fun! 

-Elder Chab
チャブ長老
#RaiseTheBah



Technology makes lessons possible wherever people are!



Fiesta with two of our investigators!