Monday, July 30, 2018

Summer Night Festival?

So I've been in the Fujisawa stake more than half of my mission. Sometimes I wonder why. And the best reason that I can think of is the fact that I know Spanish. I ran into a guy on the street one night and he said he was from Peru. Then I asked him in Spanish if he spoke Spanish and BAM! He went ham! I hadn't spoken in a while so I was a bit rusty but that's when the gift of tongues kicked in and we were able to have a decent conversation! 

We had zone conference and helped out clear an apartment this week. Pretty tiring physically and spiritually haha. We did some more Rubik's cube 伝道 and it turned out real well. Also, a typhoon passed by and the whole mission ended up having to stay inside the rest of the day. The rain didn't hit us too hard but the wind was pretty solid. 

Sunday night was an adventure! The advantages of having a Polynesian companion is that they are huge and people recognize them. One guy we talked to loved rugby and told my companion that he's got a great body for it haha. 
Shortly after, I met a young guy who was carrying an instrument. I took a closer look and it had a DCI (Drum Corps International) logo on it. For those that don't know, it's basically like the NBA of marching band. Anyway, I ran over to him and talked to him; we connected instantly after I showed him a picture of when I marched back in 2015. It was way cool experience cause people that even know DCI are rare in Japan. I was just glad that I could use some pre-misison stuff to introduce the gospel to someone! 
On the way home, we biked passed a summer festival. We heard some drumming and went to check it out. Many people were doing "bon odori" which is a traditional Japanese dance. It was quite the experience! I love the culture!
Have a fantastic week!

-Elder Chab
チャブ長老
#RaiseTheBah



We had some shaved ice during ward FHE!



Zone conference!



Me, my companion, and the zone leaders!