Monday, April 2, 2018

Raise the Bah!!

頼もう!

Lots of 伝道 this week! We did a lot of housing and streeting and through that, we found quite a bit of people. We'll be contacting them this week, hoping to get some lessons going! 

We had a chance to share a message with some members, the 高橋家. We kinda did some magic trick for the message activity but they outsmarted us with psychology. All in good fun though. I'm so excited to work with such amazing members! 

Zone conference on Saturday, and for the first time in about 6 months, I didn't have to translate. I got to focus a little bit more. We talked about teaching skills, including conversations and a little bit on facing rejections; we watched a TED Talks video on it(please watch it).One thing I learned is that rejections don't matter. What matters is our reaction after the rejection. We can stay engaged in the conversation and perhaps learn why or a little bit more about the person. We don't have to run away from them. This can be applied whether we are a missionary or not! Raise the bah! (Bar in a New Zealand accent)

General conference is this coming weekend for us, so we had fast and testimony meeting. I did learn that the previous Tokyo South mission president, President Wada became a member of the Seventy. I didn't get to know him personally but he did have a huge impact on the mission I came into. Pretty great opportunity to work together in the Lord's vineyard. Much more to come in the near future. #RTB

On Sunday, we had a surprise visit. A guy we've never seen before walks into the church, takes a look at me, and says "CHAB!!" I was quite confused as to why he knew me. After shaking hands and talking with him, I find out that he was a missionary in my home ward, which was a branch back then. He knew my parents before they were married. He's been living in Japan for a while and was excited to hear that I would be serving here. Pretty crazy. From that little experience, I was able to realize once more that God knows us individually and cares about us. He will put people and opportunities in our life so that we can grow and remember Him. He has a divine plan for every one of us. So let's raise the bah and push forward with faith!

-Elder Chab
チャブ長老
#RaiseTheBah



More sakura before they go away!



My unexpected visitor!



Good ol' Curry night with bishop and his family!