Monday, April 23, 2018

If You Didn’t Know, Now You Know! Transfer 13!

頼もう!

It's been a pretty crazy week. I went to quite a few district meetings cause my other two companions are the zone leaders. That was a great learning experience. 

One day, we got 焼肉(yakiniku- DIY meat grilling) with a friend of Elder Hemi, Jordan Smiler. He's from New Zealand and he's a professional rugby player; he plays for the Suntory's. Way awesome guy and he is hoping to get sealed in the temple in a couple years. 

Saturday was just crazy. We went to the Atsugi US base with 学さん、an 英会話 student, and his kids. It's been over 6 months since I was there last time. Never thought my first times on a US base wouldn't be in the US haha. Anyway, there was way good food and it was fun to see all the planes while talking to them. Although hearing tons of English didn't sit with me very well. Gonna be tough when I return haha. It was super hot on the way back and we still had to wear something over our white shirt due to dress code (luckily it's gone now), so I was dying. After getting back, we had an easter event with the ward. Us missionaries were in charge of a portion of it; we sung and shared some scriptures. We also sung "I Know My Redeemer Lives" with the ward choir. The event brought quite a few non-members and it overall a success.

We pushed way hard so we could reach our goals this week and we did! We talked to a ton of people, including street performers. As we listened to some street guitarists, we talked to a guy next to us, who appeared pretty scary at first, but we found out that his parents are Christian and he's ped (fluent) in English. Another street performer was telling some comic stories. Way interesting people and it was a ton of fun. 

As for transfers, I am....staying in Machida! But here's the twist: Elder Schow will be my companion and I will become a zone leader! Didn't see that coming! Crazy cause we were companions one year ago; I am way excited to work together again. Gonna be going to a lot of district meetings from now on haha. I'm thankful for more opportunities to serve! Have a good one!


PS. The title of today's post is a song. 
-Elder Chab
チャブ長老
#RaiseTheBah



Jordan Smiler and us! (As if I wasn't short enough)



US base fun with 学 and his family!



Went to 焼肉 to open transfer calls and celebrate Elder Lind's last P-day!