Sunday, February 11, 2018

Party in Machida!

頼もう!

The week goes by faster and faster! So on Monday night, we had a big family home evening with Alex Boye and Bless4 at the mission home. We went with our investigator, 星兄弟. The music was great and 星兄弟 and us loved it! Definitely a once in a lifetime experience, especially as a missionary. 

We met with 星兄弟 everyday this week and were able to finish all the lessons. He's been keeping commitment and progressing a lot. I won't go too much into detail, but I can tell he wants to change. And I can see the power of the atonement of Jesus Christ working through him. All that's left for him is to get married and we'll be all clear for his baptism on the 24th, as well as the other companionship and the sisters. 3 people, one day. I'm so excited to see our fellow brothers and sisters take that huge step closer to our Heavenly Father!

I got a book containing my father's childhood. He grew up in Cambodia, during the reign of the Khmer Rouge communists. He suffered a lot and experienced many trials, including losing family members, torture and being separated from them for 20 years. Eventually, he made it to America, made contact with the LDS church, got baptized. He served a mission in Dallas, Texas and got married to my mom. What struck out to me most was his testimony of Jesus Christ's atonement. Despite having such a rough childhood experience and so much wrong done to him and his family, through the power of the atonement of Jesus Christ, he was able to forgive those people and start a new life. Now I am on a mission. I wouldn't have been here without his sacrifice. I was able to be raised in a stable family, under the gospel. Sure I didn't have experiences like he did, but there are definitely times where I feel like I can't do it alone. And that's where our Savior comes it. So please, if you feel alone, or like you can do something, remember the sacrifice the Savior Jesus Christ made for YOU. Rely on Him. We can do all things in His name. Have a great week! I love you all!

-Elder Chab
チャブ長老 
愛しています(^-^)



Look Mom! I made it on the front page! Taken at the Alex Boye concert!