Sunday, January 7, 2018

Happy Coming of Age Day!

頼もう!
On the first Monday of January is 成人の日(Adult Day). Throughout the city are little celebrations for people that are 20. So according to Japan, I'm still a kid!

So I had my whole weekly typed up but then my iPad crashed, erasing everything I had typed as well. I don't have a lot of time and I am a bit frustrated cause of it so today is gonna be short. 

The members fed us dinner from Monday through Wednesday. We ate a ton of food and I probably gained a couple of kilos. Fortunately we did a lot of biking so I was able to lose it. I love the members; they are my Japanese family haha. 

We had splits with the zone leaders, this time in our area. Despite our lesson getting cancelled, Harrison長老 and I had a lot of miracles that night. We talked to a lot of people and many of them listened to what we had to say. We got quite a few of potential investigators from it; hopefully they become new investigators soon!

The next few days were kind of the opposite. Many more appointments got cancelled, including a skype lesson with a Chinese investigator from a different area. Nevertheless, just keep swimming!

We were told about the 2018 Asia North area plan on Sunday. The vision: Invite all to come unto Christ, be converted, and feel joy in the gospel by first seeking the kingdom of God. I love it! I wish I could explain everything but I know that a lot of great things will come!

Today, we had a 餅つき(Mochitsuki- Mochi-making) with the ward. Nothing is better than pounding rice with giant hammers. Definitely takes "Don't play with your food" to a whole new level. It was super good too! A great way to end the week! また来週ね!

-Elder Chab
チャブ長老 
愛しています(^-^)



The 西條 family!



宮木 family!