Sunday, November 19, 2017

Umbrella Dendo

皆さん頼もう!

This week got a lot colder. I was quite surprised, but I love it! No more sweating! 

On Monday, we went to Asahi at the end of our P-day. My companion had to replace the brakes on his bike. Meanwhile, we housed the neighborhood nearby. Then out of nowhere, it started pouring rain. We didn't have umbrellas and we were wearing our brand new coats..So I got the idea to ask someone if we can borrow one. The last lady we housed wasn't interested in our message bit when I asked if we could borrow umbrellas, she said "Just wait here". Then she came back with two umbrellas saying "They aren't very pretty but here you go. Don't worry about returning them". We thanked her and went on our way. Of course, we plan on returning them soon along with a thank-you note! That was a nice, sweet little miracle!

We didn't have much success this week finding. A lot of rejections on the street and "kekkos" while housing. We did get to visit the 首藤 family though! Both the father and mother are super strong members and have done a great job raising their four kids in the gospel. One of their daughters, Erika, got back from a mission a few years ago. We asked them to think of people they can serve and ways to do it. And wow, they had a pretty good list! They have so much 伝道 fire! I love them so much!

We met with the こせき family on Saturday. It's been two weeks since the last lesson but they all remembered so much! Especially about the Book of Mormon. We taught the kids some emotions and then talked about Jesus Christ and the Book of Mormon. We used the gospel art book to explain Jesus Christ. They love the pictures and were surprised to hear some of Jesus Christ's miracles. At the end, we asked them if they could come to church this week and the kids, Kaiin and Taiki were so excited that they pretty much begged their mom to come. The mom prayed at the end and then the 3 kids prayed together; they love to pray! Unfortunately the mom was busy on Sunday so couldn't come and bring the kids, but their desire is just awesome! I am really excited for them!

In ward council, we discussed our plan for White Christmas. That brought up a lot of ideas for the ward and how they can do missionary work. Then we talked to bishop after; we talked more in depth about the ward mission plan. A lot of it has to do with working with the members and reactivating the less actives. It's not going to be easy nor quick but with the bishop on our side, I know progress will come. When we have the bishop's trust, everything else falls into place. Missionary work is more than bringing people into church. We as members, know and have experienced the blessings that come from the gospel. So let us continue to work as members and missionaries together and share the gospel!

So out of the whole week, the worst thing was my haircut today. The last time I got a haircut, I showed a picture and the guy said "A 3 on the side and a 10 on top?". I said yes; it turned out ちょうどういい(chōdō ii- just right). Today, I went and told him the same thing. After a second of cutting, I realized it was a mistake. I guess he understood it as "cut 3mm and 10mm off". So now I'm nearly bald :l That's why I always use pictures and not numbers. Lesson learned. Anyway, I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving! また来週ね!

-Elder Chab
チャブ長老 
愛しています(^-^)




Our investigator, 佐々木さん, saw us in action and took a picture



The こせき family as well as 高村兄弟 and 田口姉妹



They are so awesome!