Sunday, November 12, 2017

In Due Time

頼もう!

Well, nearly halfway through November. One interesting aspect is that time is a man-made principle. Because we are so close to God on our mission, we live by his time standards, if there are any. That's why time flies so fast, especially on a mission. This is by no means absolutely true but a lot of missionaries feel that way, including me! 

清水さん went to China with his wife earlier in the week. We don't have him on Facebook yet and hasn't responded on LINE so we didn't get to help him progress as much as we wanted this week. That won't stop us though!

I had the privilege of going on splits with Harrison長老 this week. We focused on managing time and talking to everyone. It was great! Not many people listened to what we had to say but we did our best to talk to everyone. At some point, there were about 1000 middle schoolers(I'm not joking) in front of the library. They saw us and tried to speak English, although it sounded more like they were mocking us. Especially cause they all laughed after. Nevertheless, we still had a good time. 

I talked to Harrison長老 about some struggles I was having; personal as well as district/area struggles. We had a pretty deep talk. He reminded me of one thing. Sometimes, we will never see the effects of our actions/work. Perhaps some guy I try to talk to might meet missionaries down the road later in life and accept our message then. Or maybe my actions and efforts may affect how the ward interacts and does missionary work. But that doesn't mean I'll see it when I'm here. From that, I was also reminded that no effort is wasted and that I should do everything in my power to ensure that I leave every area stronger than I found it. I'm not completely sure how yet, but I really want to try. We are still trying to help the ward prepare to spread the gospel and do missionary work. It's a lot of work but everything will come in due time. 

On some spare time, I started writing a little rap about the mission. I've never liked rap before but this is a new me so why not? Congrats to Sister Sao from my ward back home! She just got called to the London, England Mission, Mandarin speaking! The mission is such a great experience; you can learn and grow so much with appropriate effort! Anyway, I hope everything is going well! また来週!

-Elder Chab
チャブ長老 
愛しています(^-^)



You can never have too much fun while housing!



Night time Yokohama! I love the Landmark Tower and ferris wheel in the distance!



People tell me I wasted my money on this invisible chair...I think it comes in handy!