Sunday, November 5, 2017

A Humbling Week!

頼もう!
Sometimes I wish this would write itself during the week; I get too lazy to write haha. I feel like Moroni when he mentions his "weakness in writing" in Ether 12. Nevertheless, I'll keep writing!

So I'll just hop right in to it. On Monday night, we tried to find some less actives near by. Then it just started raining out of no where. Despite having a raincoat, after about an hour in the rain, it doesn't do much good. I was kind of soaked when I got home. On top of that, I haven't been sleeping very well recently. So the next morning, I woke up with a cold! I didn't realize it at first; I thought it was just morning allergies. But after studies, I couldn't handle it. I went through an entire box of tissues. I called up Warnick姉妹 and then took a nap until 英会話. It was a bit difficult to teach but I managed. I took some NyQuil after the day was over and woke up better the next day. 

We had district meeting the next day; I gave the training while still a bit sick. It was about helping our investigators understand our purpose better so they can progress. I've learned so much being on the presenting side of trainings. The zone leaders brought some Domino's Pizza too! It was super good! Japanese pizza is waaaayyyy expensive though; no one really buys it. I'm looking forward to some $5 pizza when I get back haha. 

We biked all the way down to Hodogaya on Thursday; about 40 minutes. We tried to visit some investigators but they didn't answer. Then we went down to 保土ヶ谷駅 and tried to talk to some people. Most people ignored us; only a couple stopped. The ones that stopped preceded to tell us they weren't interested. I was a bit disappointed but eventually got over it.

On Saturday, we met with the mom and kids from last week. My first time teaching a family! The 姉妹 taught the mom English and 水落兄弟 and us taught the 3 boys. It's different working with kids; hard for them to stay focused...props to all the Primary teachers! After the English portion, we joined back together and taught them about God and prayer. They were way excited to learn! Especially when we told them that prayer is a way to talk to God! They also remembered everything the 姉妹 taught them about the Book of Mormon.  One of them read 10 pages by himself! I just love how kids are so open-minded and willing! They all have great potential and I am so excited for what's to come!

清水兄弟 came to church on Sunday! We talked to him during the second hour and were able to understand a bit more about what he is holding him back. As of now, he feels that he doesn't have a testimony and hasn't felt the Spirit. Then in the evening, we had dinner with him and his wife. We shared "To the Friends and Investigators of the Church" by Elder Costa from this year's April conference. We mentioned that he has progressed so much and is already doing the 4 things mentioned in the talk. We promised that he can recognize and strengthen his testimony by continuing. We then asked him to be baptized on Nov. 25. He hesitated to answer at first, but eventually said yes! We'll keep working with him so that he can be as ready as he can by that day! I know he can do it!

Throughout the week, I thought about the rejections and lack of success from finding. Also, I just struggled this week with 日本語. I either didn't know what to say or how to say it. I was a bit stressed. Halfway through the week, I decided to call one of our investigators, Roger. He is from  Africa and speaks English. He asked how our work was going; I told him a bit slow because no one has time to meet. I also told him about my language struggle. He then gave some advice that I really liked. One of the things that stuck with me was "It doesn't matter how the message is conveyed. The most important thing is the message". That's so true. We as member's of Christ's restored church have the amazing opportunity to share the fulness of the gospel of Christ. As long as we remember that and do our best, God will take care of the rest! (Oh it rhymes!) Sorry for the length of the post..Got carried away また来週!


-Elder Chab
チャブ長老 
愛しています(^-^)



Late Halloween party at 英会話!



One of the students dressed up as Hatsune Miku!