Monday, October 16, 2017

TRANSFER 9?? THE FUZZIES!

頼もう!

Its been raining for the last 4-5 days and its supposed to continue all week. I'm from California so this is absolutely amazing! Rain or shine, I'm ready!

So I had the opportunity to go on splits with our fantastic zone leaders. Eteru長老 and I were able to meet with one of their investigators and set a baptismal date for December 23! I'd never met him before but I know he is so prepared by the Lord! I'm looking forward to his baptism! The next day, I went with Harrison長老 to 鎌倉(Kamakura) for their district meeting. We talked to a lot of people on the train. When I got there, it was so 懐かしい(natsukashii-nostalgic). It's been almost a year since I served in 鎌倉! I then went on splits(while still on splits) with 池上長老. We went to their apartment and helped unload some furniture from the Tokyo temple into the Kamakura house. There were about 25 chairs, 6 tables, 7 rice cookers and so much more! 
Then we went to district meeting. Harrison長老 and I gave the training from MLC; it was a fantastic training and we were in tears by the end of it. We then scrambled back to 大和(Yamato) for splits review. Despite being super busy and jumping from place to place, it was awesome being a zone leader for a day! I learned so much from splits!

We went to 希望ヶ丘(Kibougaoka) on Wednesday to do some streeting. Right off the bat, we stopped an older man. He asked us a couple questions and we were able to explain what we do as missionaries. Turns out he's read a bit from the Bible and he really wants to know more. His name is Ban. He accepted a Book of Mormon and then gave us his phone number and address, telling us to stop by anytime because he has so much time! Miracle! 

On Saturday, I gave my first training for district meeting. It was about helping investigators go from a baptismal date to baptism. When I first received the assignment, I was unsure where to start. But through some diligent PMG study and the Spirit's guidance, it went pretty well. It gave me a test of what being district leader is like.

Speaking of that, we got transfer calls! I am staying in Hodogaya and my new companion will be Yang長老! He is from Taiwan; he speaks Chinese, Japanese, and English! How exciting! On top of that...I got called to be a district leader! Looking forward to this next transfer! 

Now about the "fuzzies". We get a lot of bread from a member in Hodogaya. So we use the toaster a lot. Bateman長老 often forgets how hot the bread will be coming out of the toaster and picks it up with his hand. Sometimes it's so hot that he accidentally drops it and it hits the floor. He describes the floor germs as "the fuzzies". But being American and believing in the "5 second rule", he still eats it after. So that's where that comes from!

We went to Yokohama today! We went to this all-you-can-eat Mexican restaurant called "La Salsa". I had 7 burritos haha! I love Mexican food! Then we walked around. The area reminded me of the pier back at home in Long Beach, CA. Landmark Tower is wayy tall! Absolutely great sights! また来週ね!

-Elder Chab
チャブ長老 
愛しています(^-^)



While doing some grocery shopping, people kept telling me I look like Trump...I don't know why.



We got Indo curry after district meeting with the zone leaders and their investigator!