Sunday, October 22, 2017

THE LAND OF RAIN!

頼も! 
It's been raining for the last two weeks..I never thought I'd see the sun again haha. It finally stopped today. But it went all out with another typhoon last night. We received a notice from President yesterday that we had to stay inside for the night. It passed while we were sleeping :p So we are completely unharmed! 

It's been a crazy couple days as district leader. I had to go to the mission 本部(honbu-headquarters) for a training for new district leaders. I learned so much about my new responsibilities and the trainings were great! I was then able to apply what I learned in district meeting the next day. We set some goals and plans together and I really felt that we have a new 伝道 spirit. I am excited! 

We've been so busy; we didn't have studies for two days in a row. But the movie night that we held on Saturday went well. Most of the people were members, which is good, but unfortunately our investigators couldn't make it. 

We've been focusing a lot on the members, especially because of our new "White Christmas" goal. The best way to do missionary work is with the members! We brought it up with the ward and they are excited to get to work!  

My new companion, Elder Yo( Or Young, Yang) is from Taiwan. He speaks Chinese, Japanese, and English. We don't have many Chinese speakers throughout the mission so whenever other missionaries need help, he helps teach. We got to help the Kofu sisters with their recent convert after church through a video call. It was way cool!! 

Kind of brief today but the last week has been quite a blur with transfers going on. Have a great week! また来週ね!

-Elder Chab
チャブ長老 
愛しています(^-^)



Good ol' abura soba in Kichijoji before the district leader training meeting!


The lesson with the Kofu sisters and their recent convert(middle)



Some of us make better funny faces..