Sunday, October 8, 2017

TOO MUCH 啓示(KEIJI)!!

頼もう!

First off, I wanna say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my amazing mother! I am so thankful for her love and support all these years, especially on my mission! 

We met with 桝田兄弟 on Friday. It didn't go as planned, especially with our 同席 being a bit late. 桝田兄弟 said he read quite a few scriptures throughout the week, including the summary of 2 Nephi 31. He mentioned that he feels he needs to be 100% ready in order to be baptized but we told him if he continues to wait for the perfect moment, he might not ever get baptized. He said he has two Sundays off this month(A MIRACLE) and we told him that it's a blessing from God. We also shared 1 Nephi 3:7 and he loved it. Unfortunately our lesson ended a bit abruptly because 桝田兄弟 had to take his wife to work. We asked him if he would be baptized this coming Sunday but he said he's still unsure. We know he can do it!

So the last three days have been absolutely crazy. We've been so busy, especially with general conference. On Friday, we had no time for language study and didn't eat dinner until the day was over. On Saturday, we skipped companion study. And Sunday, we didn't have personal or companion study and dinner. But it was great cause we were fed spiritually and met with our investigators!

General conference was great! I learned a lot, especially from the Saturday sessions. A couple things I loved was the focus on the Book of Mormon and families. I've been able to read the Book of Mormon everyday on my mission so far and it's been a great blessing! I know that as we follow President Monson's counsel to read and ponder it everyday, we can have the strength to carry on our daily lives, even in times of trouble. Before conference, I had some time to think about some questions that I wanted answered. And each one of them were! I am so thankful for opportunity to receive such great counsel and revelation from our beloved leaders! Unfortunately I fell asleep a little bit for the Sunday sessions..I didn't get much sleep the night before..Too much 啓示(keiji-revelation)!

On Sunday night, we visited 清水兄弟 with 小山岸兄弟. We had a nice talk about church and it allowed 清水兄弟 to relax a little bit. Last week, he had told us that he "definitely does not have the desire to be baptized", so we were a bit worried. But we had some good laughs, especially because 小山岸兄弟 is a comedic genius haha. 清水兄弟 and his wife have been reading the Book of Mormon together every night since we last visited. Little by little, he's progressing! 
Then we booked it over to 桝田兄弟's again around 8:30. 高村兄弟 was also there and we were able to talk more about how he feels about his baptism. Recently, the 桝田家族 has been struggling with money, especially because the wife has to get surgery next month. On top of that, he has to find a new job and needs his health to improve. He feels that he needs to fix all of that before being baptized. We testified that God will help him, he just has to continue to take the steps toward baptism. Again, we are praying for him and we know he can do it!

We got the chance to stop by GU(clothing store) today. I was able to get a nice suit for only $65! And it is the most comfortable suit I've ever tried! Super satisfied haha. It was a great week! Now on to the last full week of the transfer! Time goes too fast! 
Anyway, I encourage all of you to read the conference talks if you haven't yet or just review them! Have a great week!また来週ね!


-Elder Chab
チャブ長老 
愛しています(^-^)




I don't have pictures this week...But here are some from my first transfer! Almost a year ago!





I didn't realize someone took a picture lol