Sunday, July 9, 2017

TYPHOON SUSHI!!

愛する皆さんこんにちは!

The weeks get faster and faster! And it keeps getting hotter! I miss winter already! For those who don't know, I prefer the cold much more! If it's cold, I can just put on a coat/jacket. But there's not much of an option for summer! 

We had district blitz on Tuesday. We rode our bikes halfway up to 愛川町(Aikawamachi), which is the furthest portion of our area. We went to the college there and did some streeting. I was with Gilbert長老 for the first hour and Lind長老 the second hour. While I was with Lind長老, we ran into a guy that had an awesome motorcycle in front of his house; we decided to talk to him. His name is Narita and he was way cool! He gladly accepted a Book of Mormon! He then told us a typhoon was coming! It started to rain a bit by that point so we said bye and then rushed back to the 7/11 to meet the rest of the district. We found quite a bit of potential investigators amongst all 6 of us, yayyy!

We began our 30 minute bike ride home, in the rain! Other than the fact that water kept getting in my eyes, I thought it was pretty fun! We went to くら寿司(kurasushi), which was a conveyor belt sushi restaurant, for dinner! It was the coolest experience I've ever had at a restaurant. There are plates of sushi on conveyor belts that go through out the restaurant; you can grab whatever you want! Each plate had two pieces, and get this, every plate of sushi was only a dollar! If you wanted something specific, you can order it on the touch screen menu and then it will be delivered to your table on a separate "speedy" conveyor belt! You never have to leave the table to get food! I had 9 plates; it was hard to limit myself because the sushi was so good but there's no way I'm spending all my money in one setting haha! If you ever see a conveyor belt sushi restaurant, I highly recommend! When we left, the typhoon had already begun! It was just pouring rain and some streets were flooding! Luckily home was only 5 minutes away! District blitz, conveyor belt sushi, and a typhoon all in the same day... Only in Japan ;) 

We went to a lot of places to house this week, including some HUGE apartment complexes. They were 11 stories high haha. Sadly, no one was interested. Which is too bad because they are missing out on so many blessings. But perhaps they aren't ready yet ;) 

We visited 横山さん again on Saturday. But we were able to teach him about faith and repentance. It was great and he understood everything. We also taught him some English phrases and he played a song that he wrote on piano for us! He's great! Unfortunately, he still doesn't feel too well to come to church, so please pray for him!

 This heat is a killer! Especially when they don't turn on the AC during church and you're wearing a suit. I accidentally fell asleep in church because of it! Whoops! After church, we streeted around 海老名駅. We talked to two teens that had just finished watching a movie at the theater. One of them had a Star Wars shirt so I asked him about that. After doing some BRT, we talked about the Plan of Salvation and showed them the "What Happens After We Die?" video. They really enjoyed it! We gave them some pamphlets and tried to exchange contact info, but they said no :( Hopefully we see them again!

So that was pretty much our week. We walked A LOT; my feet are so sore. But we had many opportunities to talk to people. We are going to the temple next week so P-day will be on Tuesday next week. It'll be the 2nd to last time I get to go on my mission because the Tokyo temple is closing for remodeling in October :( But I am so glad that I've gotten to go every transfer! The mission life really is the greatest! また来週

-Elder Chab
チャブ長老 or 茶武長老
愛しています^_^



Found some nice fields on the way to district blitz!



So Gilbert長老 really likes Spiderman...He gave us masks after district meeting!