Tuesday, July 18, 2017

STEAK AND CAKE

皆さんこんにちは!
Wow it's been a crazy week! I went to the temple today as well! As we were about to get home, my companion realized he forgot his iPad at the temple so we are currently on a train back to the temple! Another hour and a half :) 

We had interviews with President Warnick this week. I've honestly been having a rough time recently due the lack of success and sorting things out with my companion. He gave me some advice and assured me that everything will be okay. A mission is definitely not easy but I love it. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything else!

So we had a lot of crazy meals this week. After interviews, we celebrated Black姉妹's birthday at "Sweet's Paradise". It's a dessert buffet! You can eat as much cake, Hägen-daaz(I have no idea how to spell it) ice cream, and curry as you'd like for an hour! Now me being not much of a sweets eater, this was quite the stretch. I ate more cake than I've ever eaten at birthday parties within the last 3 years! We didn't even eat for the whole hour; we stopped around 40 minutes or so. 

On Thursday, I went on splits with Gilbert長老. We met with Salem, a potential investigator. We met at this place called "Hungry Tiger". We had no idea that he invited friends, one who was really buff! Like almost as buff as Dwayne Johnson! It was crazy! They all speak English almost perfectly. They recommended we try the steak set...it wasn't cheap but hey, it's been a while since we had a nice steak so we got it. It was definitely worth it! But would I do again? Most likely not! We talked a lot about what we do as missionaries; they said they really like what we do. That's about as far as we got for now, especially cause our original plans got wrecked; we didn't anticipate 4 other people being there. Woops :p 

Our investigator, 横山さん, came to church on Sunday!!! It hasn't come since I arrived in Atsugi so it's been a while. We were able to teach him after church about the commandments! 
Also, we were at church for about 6 hours on Sunday! We had the usual DCS meeting in the morning, regular church, a lesson with Yokoyamaさん, and then we had the Spanish sacrament meeting after! It's been about two years since I took Spanish but I still understood about 60%! It was great! Perhaps I can perfect my Spanish while learning Japanese!

So that was pretty much my week. Transfer calls will now be the Monday of transfer week instead of the Saturday before. That means next Monday, the 24th, we get transfer calls already!
It's been a year since I opened my mission call. Never would I have imagined what would happen in the next year. The mission life is just wonderful. また来週!

-Elder Chab
チャブ長老 
愛しています(^-^)




SWEETS PARADISE!!



I made a Facebook post earlier his week. Gaining a testimony doesn't happen overnight, so don't give up!



Our new student at 英会話! He's a stuntman!