Monday, May 29, 2017

REAL SUSHI

皆さんこんにちは!

How's everyone doing? Summer is coming up!! Are you ready? I know I'm not ready for my first summer in Japan! It's already way hot!

I had 交換(koukan-exchange,splits) with Brimhall長老 on Tuesday. He is on his 2nd transfer. We went to city hall and in my mediocre 日本語, we asked for a list of places we could do community service at but they had no idea what we were talking about. In the evening, we taught Taiseiさん again; it felt different teaching with someone else other than my companion, but it was good. I definitely learned that I am not as prepared as I thought to be senior companion, even if it was only for a day. More room for improvement!

Before 英会話 on Thursday, we went to BALG, a burger restaurant. Hands down, one of the tallest burgers I've ever eaten. Way worth it though! To add to that, the sisters gave us a box of Girl Scout Cookies, more specifically, SAMOAS!! Too much goodies!

On Saturday, we had district blitz in Tama Plaza! We had whiteboards with "English Challenge" written on it. The challenge was simple; people just had to answer two questions in English and then we give them candy and an 英会話 flyer! It was so much fun! President told us to do activities that would make people come to us instead of us going to them and it's definitely working! We also ran into a member, Suzuki姉妹, during the blitz and she helped out! 

After the blitz, we scrambled over to 新丸子駅, about 20 minutes away. We met with Satouさん again. Previously, he had fed us deer that he shot and killed. This time, he took us to a sushi restaurant. I finally had REAL SUSHI! I've been told California rolls aren't "real" sushi; I don't know what that means because they definitely are real haha. I ate things I would never even think of eating before I came to Japan. But I figured it'd be best if I just go for it. I had oyster, crab, shrimp, salmon,tuna, and many more! If you can name it, I probably had it all in one night! Including sea urchin! Which wasn't very good; flavorful yes. But not good. I almost gagged as I put a smile on my face and said "おいしい"(oishii-tasty, good). Satouさん isn't interested in changing because he thinks he's too old. But I feel bad for him because he lives alone, wants to talk and loves missionaries. He ended up paying for us; it definitely wasn't cheap. But he insisted because we are "Gaijins who haven't had real sushi". He's a great guy! I hope he will accept the gospel some day!

Quite the adventure today. We went to Poff長老's home...IKEA. We ate there for lunch and just walked around the store. The Swedish meatballs were pretty good. I also know what kind of style I want my college dorm/ house to be haha! Reminds me of when I went with my family about a month before I left. Anyway, I'm super excited for this coming week! As of today, we have 3 planned lessons coming up! Until next week!


-Elder Chab
チャブ長老 or 茶武長老
愛しています^_^



The tallest burger I've ever eaten!! 



SAMOAS!!



District blitz!!