Monday, May 15, 2017

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

母の日おめでとう!

I hope all of you had a fantastic Mother's day! I am so thankful for the love and support I get from my mom! I remember when I was doing some shopping for missionary gear, my mom went with me and we spent a lot of time together! It was really great! Treasure the time you have with your mom, or rather, your family! 

Earlier this week, we had a phone call lesson with Kenshin. Aiki 同席'd for us. We didn't get to teach the Restoration like we planned, but we had a good discussion about the Book of Mormon. Unfortunately, we won't be able to meet with Kenshin until June, but we will keep following up on his Book of Mormon reading.

We got a referral earlier this week from another ward; his name(last name) is Tanaka. We met him at the train station before church on Sunday and then walked to church together. He is our age and speaks English almost perfectly! We introduced him to a couple members; then people just started coming to him! He was surprised how friendly everyone was! He said it was his first time at a church; he also mentioned that he had good feelings and loved everything. We even had a lesson with him during the 3rd hour of church. We talked about the Restoration and he accepted a soft baptismal invitation! When we asked why he wanted to go to church, he said he wants to be cleansed through Christ! Well, I've got good news for you buddy, that's exactly what we do! What a miracle!

We got the chance to talk to a lot of people on the street this week. One included a drunk guy...We were on our way from church on Sunday, heading to a less active's house. We were carrying pots of flowers to give to the member. This guy came up to us, grabbed my companion's and my hand and kept shaking them. I thought we were going to get jumped lol He proceeded to ask us questions like where we from and what we were doing with the flowers. During our 5 minute conversation with him, he kept grabbing our hands and shoulders and mumbling stuff. It was pretty weird. We got to the apartment that the less active supposedly lived in. We found the room that we were told but there was no name. We left the flowers there with a note..Hopefully it was the right place! 

It was a pretty fantastic week. We had an amazing 食事 with the Onda family again. I also got to skype my beloved family today. Anyway, I hope all of you have a 素晴らしい week!

-Elder Chab
チャブ長老 or 茶武長老
愛しています^_^



I got a mini cake from Ricard for my birthday!



I love strawberries!



Aiki and us after the lesson with Kenshin!