Sunday, January 22, 2017

ZONE CONFERENCE!

皆さんこんにちは!
This week went by super fast! Especially because we had P-day on Tuesday and went to the temple. Nevertheless, it was a great week! To those that don't know Japanese, I hope you find the Japanese translations that I've included in this week's update helpful!

Wednesday was a rough day for 伝道 (dendō- missionary work). We did some street contacting but didn't have any success. Then we went to the 駅(eki-train station) to 配り(kubari-distribute English class flyers). Once again, not to much success. Later in the evening, we went housing. No one wanted to hear our message except for the last person we knocked on. We began explaining the Restoration to him. Meanwhile, I was having a hard time with Japanese; my mind was just blank. Then he told us he didn't want to hear anymore. I felt so disappointed. But I know that's part of life; we learn from our trials.

The next day, I decided to fast. During language study, my Japanese was better than normal. I could understand a lot more while reading the モルモン書 (Morumon Sho-Book of Mormon) in 日本語(Nihongo-Japanese). I ended my fast at dinner. The whole district, Ricard, and Sho went to Katsuya before 英会話. I finally got to eat tonkatsu! It's basically like fried chicken. It was so good! 英会話 was amazing. It was much better than the previous day's events.

On Friday, we had an amazing zone conference at the stake center. President Warnick and Sister Warnick presented some trainings. We talked about the Doctrine of Christ, love, culture, and other 伝道 related topics. It was super spiritual. After the conference, I had a 面接 (mensetsu-interview) with President Warnick. I don't want to get too specific but we just went over some things that I had on my mind. I felt so relieved after talking with him. It just goes to show that mission presidents really do love their missionaries! Later in the evening, we met with Jamar; he hasn't met with missionaries in months because he was busy with work. But he contacted us the day before and said we could meet. We ate at a soba shop and asked what he remembered from last time. We also asked what he wanted out of meeting with us and we talked about some scriptures. Long story short, he wants to learn more so that he can spread it to others! How great is that! Hopefully we meet soon!

Our weekly lesson with Okamoto-san was great! We read from Omni together and then talked about prayer. God will answer our prayers and will bless us. But in order to receive his help, we must show our effort. We must do everything we can. For example, if we ask God to help us do well on a test, we show effort by studying. By showing effort, we prepare ourselves to receive God's help. 

On Sunday, we tried to visit Yamamoto-san. He is super awesome! We can't contact him because he doesn't have a phone; he said he would fax us! That's some dedication! Earlier in the week, he contacted us from a payphone and said he wanted to meet. When we got to his house, he was super sick so we couldn't have a lesson. But next week we will try again! We then went to the Aoike family. The son, Katsuya, wasn't home again. But his mom let us in again! We taught her and her husband about the Restoration. She understood a lot of what we explained and said we could come back again. Soooo that makes her a new investigator now! 

Soooo that was my week. I noticed that I am always learning new things everyday. Being a missionary truly is a blessing. I hope all of you enjoyed reading about my adventures. Now go out and have some of your own! Until next week!

-Elder Chab
チャブ長老 or 茶武長老
愛しています^_^



Zone meeting! Yokohama North Zone!



I made one of my grandma's dishes: Mint Chicken! 



Our meeting with Jamal!