Sunday, March 4, 2018

Talent 伝道!

頼もう!

I can't believe it's March! It started off with some great clear skies but now it's raining! 

We've been focusing on new ways to 伝道 as a mission recently. It's been a whole lot of fun to see the different ways that have come up. The sisters held fruit, including bananas and grapefruits, and compared it to the gospel. My companion and I used my rubik's cube and we were able to compare it to the Restoration of the gospel. The solved cube was Jesus Christ's gospel when He was on the earth. When He left, people changed it (scrambled the cube). People tried to fix it (try to solve it) but couldn't return it back to what it was because they didn't have the authority(solving method). So, God restored the gospel through Jospeh Smith (solved the cube). People understood it pretty well and it was a lot of fun! Plus I got to use some of my talent :) 

We had some practice on Friday for this week's upcoming Polynesian Night. It was great to see people from all over the mission come together and put in effort to make this event happen. I'm excited! 

On a side note, someone thought my companion and I were Vietnamese :)

I was feeling a bit down on Sunday because I didn't understand too much of what was going on, including the language. I felt kinda like a ragdoll and I think I needed some encouragement. After we got to our apartment, my companion and I talked a bit. Then the other elders called us, telling us to join them for dinner at 武内家's house. We talked about some doctrine and had some good laughs. I loved the atmosphere in their home; a true testimony that a home founded upon the principles of the restored gospel will prosper. Also, it was a sign for me that our Heavenly Father watches over us and will give us a boost when we need it. I'm so thankful to be around such amazing people. 
Always remember Christ. Don't just learn about the gospel, live it. And, use your talents to serve your fellow brothers and sisters!

-Elder Chab
チャブ長老 
愛しています(^-^)



Lt. 島村!



Back with Elder Schow!