Sunday, March 18, 2018

Lessons Learned

Kia ora! 

With it being transfer week, it was a bit busy. Cleaning is always fun though. A clean living environment is key to happiness at home haha!
I realize I had a typo in last week's letter. Elder McDonald transferred and Elder Hemi came in his place. 

A couple people we housed were busy and said it was okay to come back another day. There was one person though that told us to keep trying to visit if they weren't home. So that was kinda nice. We also met with 望月さん earlier this week for the first time. He doesn't have a whole lot of interest, but definitely potential.

We did have a pretty interesting experience though. A guy we talked to ended up teaching us some lessons. Before I get into this, recently, I haven't been as 元気. I started thinking of some goals; one of my goals is to be more confident. Through some studies, I realized I need more Christ-like love and charity. Back to the story now. As we were talking to this guy, we had trouble saying anything; no words came to us. After explaining a little bit about why we became missionaries and the Restoration, he said he still didn't understand what we were trying to say. By the end of the conversation, we were pretty disappointed in ourselves. Rather than letting it get to us, we learned that we need to be more diligent in our studies so we can teach more simply and better. I also took it as another answer to how I can be more confident. Better studies, and more love and charity. 

I was reminded of the last few verses in Moroni 7 from the Book of Mormon. In 44, it says we need charity, or else we are nothing. I love the last two verses; too good for me to paraphrase. 

47 But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him.
48 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen.

We are all sons and daughters of God. We all have our own strengths and weaknesses. We all have our own gifts and talents. Let us find joy in each other's successes and support those in need. As we strive to be filled with love and charity for all, we can become who He wants us to be. 

-Elder Chab
チャブ長老 
愛しています(^-^)