Monday, December 4, 2017

Light the World..Again!

頼もう!
Christmas season again, and just like last year the church has put out the Light the World program. I love it! More ways to spread the Christmas spirit and most importantly, word of our Savior, Jesus Christ. 

A lot of things happened within the last few days so I'll just try to sum it up quickly. On Thursday night, we went streeting with 高村兄弟. He is amazing and taught us some lessons on stopping people for first contacts. As we've applied them, we've seen a lot of progress! We then had stake conference on Saturday and Sunday. Normally we don't go to the Saturday sessions but it was a special request from the stake president. I understood most of it and I learned so much! We heard some great talks and testimonies and I got to see a lot of members from my previous areas, Shonan, Kamakura, and Atsugi. The stake president spoke at the end. I'm not sure how what he spoke about was related but he made some pretty funny faces as he imitated experiences from his mission. He's so awesome! I am so glad I get to work with such amazing members! 

I had some left over thoughts from last week, so here we go. (日本語も書いてある)

Last Sunday, we had the opportunity to go to primary. They asked us about how we prepared for a mission. Buying clothes, studying, helping the missionaries, and waking up early were some things we mentioned. All great things, but I think one of the most essential things you can do to prepare is to gain/recognize/increase your own testimony. There will be a lot of great experiences that will increase your testimony on the mission but there are also some that may cause you to question yourself and your beliefs. I remember one day as I was passing out fliers, some lady came up to me, yelling "Jesus Christ is dead! This is Buddha's land! Stop what you're doing and go home!". I was quite surprised and thought about what she said. Then I shook it off and realized that the gospel is even more true because there are people trying to stop me. It's times like that where your testimony plays a big role. 


Whether or not you serve a mission, or if you are not a member yet, a testimony is key. I remember President Monson's words this past April when he said "If you do not have a firm testimony of these things, do that which is necessary to obtain one". Going to church, reading the scriptures, praying are some ways. But don't just do them; do them from the heart, with real intent to know. A testimony won't come in an instant, neither will it come only to the mind. Rather, it'll come to your heart, through the Spirit. And when it does come, as the Prophet says "a testimony needs to be kept vital and alive through continued obedience to the commandments of God and through daily prayer and scripture study". I know President Monson's words are true. I know the gospel and Book of Mormon are true. I invite you to follow our beloved Prophet's words and find your testimony. 


先週日曜日私達はプライマリーに参加する機会がありました。彼らは私達が伝道に出るようどうやって準備しましたかと聞いて私たちは衣服を買ったり勉強したり宣教師を助けたり早く起きたりと答えました。全部はいいことですが自分の証を得、認め、強めるのは伝道に出るよう準備するために最も重要な一つのことだ私は思っています。もしろんあなたは伝道で自分の証を強めるすばらしい経験はたくさんあります。でも自分自身と自分の信じるものを疑わせる経験もあるかもしれません。ある日チラシを配っていたときにある女性が私の方に来て「イエス・キリストは死んでいるよ!ここは仏の国だ!あなたはやめて帰ってくれ」と叫びました。私はびっくりして彼女の言ったことについて考え始めました。気にしなくて私を止めようとする人々がいるので福音がもっと真実であることを気づきました。そのような場合で自分の証は大きな役割を果たすでしょう。


あなたは伝道にでるかどうか、あるいはまだ教会員でないなら証は大事なことです。四月の総大会からモンソン大管長の言葉を思い出しました。「これらのことについて確固たる証がなければ,証を得るために必要なことを行ってください。」教会に行ったり聖典を読んだり祈ったりするのはいつかの方法です。それらをするだけではなくて心から知る望みを持って誠心誠意にしてください。証はすぐに来ないかもしれないしそのうえ思いだけに来ません。むしろ、それはあなたの心に、御霊を通して来るでしょう。来るとき預言者が言うように「証を活気づけ,生かし続けるために,神の戒めをたゆまず守り,日々祈り,聖文を研究する必要があります」。モンソン大管長の言葉が真実だと知っています。福音とモルモン書も真実だと知っています。愛する預言者の言葉に従って自分の証を見つけるようにお勧めします。


I recently received a parcel from my mom. It contained letters that the members from my home ward wrote for me. As I read them, I couldn't help feeling overwhelmed with their love and support. I am so thankful for each one of them! I'd also like to thank those that have been contributing to my mission funds. It's such a blessing and I know that every one that has will be blessed in their own lives. 

As we get further and further into the Christmas season, please do your best to light the world! Find someone to serve! Today, we went to a conveyor belt sushi restaurant with the Yamato/Zama districts. Some of us participated in a contest. Whoever could eat the most didn't have to pay. I only got to 16 plates, or 32 pieces. Ramos長老 got 35 plates and Harrison長老 got 33 plates. Too much sushi haha. On a side note, happy birthday to my grandma and sister! また来週ね!

-Elder Chab
チャブ長老 
愛しています(^-^)



Before FHE at the 本部 on Monday night, we went to a Chinese ramen shop. I got the spiciest. My stomach was on fire for about 30 minutes after eating it. It was pretty spicy, even for a Thai person :p



We got to ride a brand new train!



Some scenery while on the train