Monday, June 12, 2017

TRANSFER 6

皆さんこんにちは!

We did a lot for P-day...I finally got to clean my bike and I got a haircut! I bought a couple white short sleeve shirts from UNIQLO(which I love) to prepare for summer as well as a nice sock tie! I'm super ready for summer! Except for the heat and bugs haha. 

We weren't able to get in contact with Tanaka-san this week. He didn't come to church either :(
But we did have a lesson with Taisei-san again. We talked about Joseph Smith and the First Vision. Pretty smooth lesson!

On Friday morning, we helped the office elders and Elder Morgan move the rest of the stuff out of the sisters' old apartment. Moving is way 大変(taihen-difficult). But we had fun! We even replaced some of the old furniture in our apartment! Our apartment looks pretty fresh now! 

I was on splits with Poff長老 on Friday as well. I got to teach their investigator, Yoshida-san. We talked about the priesthood and read the BoM together. He's a great guy! We streeted later on near 武蔵中原駅. We had some pretty good conversations with he people there; one of them said he would come to church and 英会話! It was a lot of fun with Poff 長老!

We had district blitz in Tama Plaza again on Saturday. We did the English challenge again and it was pretty effective! Lot's of people came up to us and said they weren't interested in the candy we had but they just wanted to go to 英会話 and took a chirashi(flyer)! We ate at Cabrillo's, the new Mexican restaurant again. Those beef and fish tacos were sooooo good! 

Now, about transfers.....I am going to Atsugi in the Fujisawa West zone!! So I've spent 3.5 transfers in Kawasaki! It sure was a blast! I love the ward members here soo much! I told them I'd visit in a a little over a year haha! My new companion is Kennett-Brunsdale長老. I don't know too much about him, but when I first saw him during a conference, I kind of felt like he would be my companion some day! Interesting! I'll be leaving on Thursday! 

We had church cleaning with the YSA on Saturday night. It went pretty well and we were able to talk to the YSA a bit after. After everyone left, we stayed behind to lock up. Before we left, we decided to check Facebook. Shortly after, we got a knock on the door. She spoke in Japanese first but then switched to English. She told us she was from Indonesia and has been looking for a church to go to. Her name is Angel! As we explained church, she got really excited and said she would come this Sunday....Sunday came and she showed up! We introduced her to the 姉妹たち and now she is taking lessons from them. What a miracle!

Church was kind of weird knowing it was my last Sunday in Kawasaki. We got invited to the Nishi family's house for dinner though. They are both converts and their son Taku-kun is super 元気! He's the same age as my baby brother(6) so I told them they could play together when I come back to visit haha! We had them write down a list of non-member friends and blessings they've received from going to church. We asked them to pick one friend and share their experience and invite them to church. But they said they've already been doing that as well as reading the BoM as a family each night! What great examples! The members truly are amazing! 

With another transfer down, I'm realizing how short a mission is. Despite it being short, there is so much to learn. I just love it. There won't always be good times. But that's okay. For those that aren't sure about a mission, I recommend it 10/10! For those that aren't members, give it a go! Go to church and talk to the missionaries. I know this gospel is true. また来週ね! See you in Atsugi!

-Elder Chab
チャブ長老 or 茶武長老
愛しています^_^



View from an apartment in Kawasaki!



California Pizza Kitchen in Kawasaki!!



The Nishi family!!