Monday, June 19, 2017

THEY HAVE RICE FIELDS

皆さんこんにちは!

Before transfer day, Schow 長老 and I made cookies for the beloved members of the Kawasaki ward! I've never made so much cookie dough in one setting! We had a lesson with Taisei-san in the evening. We roughly set a baptismal date for him! It makes me happy to see him progress! When I first got to Kawasaki, he'd been coming to 英会話 for a year and had no interest in learning about the gospel. But he decided to take lessons with us last month and he's progressed so much! He will be out of town in August so they won't be able to teach him. But if all goes well, he wants to get baptized in September! I am excited for him!

Transfer day went smoothly. I didn't get lost haha :) My new companion, Elder Kennett-Brunsdale is way 元気 and I am grateful for the opportunity to work with him. Gilbert長老 is the district leader; he's pretty tall compared to me. But he's a great leader! Also, Lind長老 is in the same apartment! It's great to see him again, especially with everything that happened in the interesting land of Kamakura!

We had a lot of finding time over the last few days. Not too many results yet, although I do have pretty sore feet haha :) We do have a baptismal date for our investigator, Yokoyama-san. We may have to push it back because we currently aren't meeting with him enough for him to be taught everything in time. That's okay though; we will do our best to be our guides. Sadly, he didn't come to church this week because he felt sick, but he had us pray over the phone for him!

It's just amazing here in Atsugi. The members have such strong faith and they love missionary work. They love helping us out too, especially with 同席's. I even got the chance to bear my testimony on Sunday. It just feels so great to be a missionary! 

On a side note, I saw rice fields for the first time in my mission! Most of my areas have been pretty urban...But Atsugi is a mix! There are giant rice fields close to the apartment haha Also, there is a Costco here! Let's just say we bought enough food to last the whole transfer! I love Costco! Anyway, that's it for this week. Have an adventurous week! 


-Elder Chab
チャブ長老 or 茶武長老
愛しています^_^



District blitz from last week!



Me, Taisei-san, Schow長老, and our 同席 David! Ignore Taisei-san's shirt haha 



The new way to wear a tie!