Tuesday, March 7, 2017

I GOT SICK :(

皆さんこんにちは!

Yup. You read the title right.Last Tuesday I caught a cold. Because of it, I had to take some time and rest in the apartment. We also studied a lot. And unfortunately, our investigator Raki姉妹 cancelled our appointment on Wednesday night(I was feeling well enough to do it of course). So we didn't really get to 伝道 much this week :( And I'm still recovering from the cold; I just have super annoying coughs now.

However, I went on splits with 紺野長老 from Sunday night to Monday night. We visited 川崎 City Hall and asked if there was any community service we could do each week. They gave us a booklet and we looked through it and found a nearby senior citizen care home that we could work at. We went there and told them that we wanted to help. They said that would be great but they will have to contact us later about that. But yay! Community service!

I went to the temple today!!! Hence why my P-day wasn't on Monday. I love the temple! It's soo beautiful! Other than still being sick and coughing like crazy, it was a great experience! 

Before I wrap things up, I want to share something that stood out to me while studying. I've been reading a lot from Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Gordon B. Hinckley recently. In chapter 8, it talks a lot about Jesus Christ. Section 3 asks the question, "What shall we do with Jesus, who is called the Christ?" Notice that is the same question Pilate asked the people before Jesus was crucified. This is President Gordon B. Hinckley's response to that question: 
"Learn of him. Search the scriptures for they are they which testify of him. Ponder the miracle of his life and mission. Try a little more diligently to follow his example and observe his teachings."
I love that. I am so thankful for the opportunity I have not only to learn more about our Savior, but also to share that knowledge with others. It has changed my life for the better. It truly is a great blessing! I invite all of you to take up President Hinckley's challenge! 

That's about it for this week. I only got about 3 hours of sleep last night because I was coughing up a storm and we woke up early to go to seminary, which was 久しぶり(hisashiburi-It's been a while). Hopefully I recover soon because I just wanna get out and go to work! As always, feel free to email me! Let me know how you're doing! Thank you for the love and support! またね!


-Elder Chab
チャブ長老 or 茶武長老
愛しています^_^




I'm officially Japanese now! (Masks are commonly worn if you are sick)



Just Gutierrez 長老 with his clone :)



District dinner before splits!