Sunday, December 18, 2016

I ALMOST GOT HIT BY A CAR!

皆さんこんにちは
My last few days in Shonan area have been an adventure! P-day was hectic, as usual. We went to Kaneko 姉妹's house in the evening to join the Harvey family and Tashibu family for family home evening. They are return missionaries! They are the best! They prepared some delicious food! It reminded me of home! Especially because one was similar to a dish my grandma makes, I called it Mint Chicken. Mom, you'd know what I am talking about lol. After eating we shared a message about Christmas. I am a bit sad that I won't get to see them anymore but I promised I'd visit them after my mission.

About the car incident.. Jödicke 長老 and I were heading back from church with more cookies. We were on the sidewalk; sidewalks aren't as wide as they are in the US. A group of 10 men or so were in front of me and I couldn't go around. Then there was this pole in the middle of the sidewalk. Another biker was coming the opposite way and the group moved closer to my side to make room for the biker to pass. Well they ended up bumping me towards the side closer to the street. Since I didn't have much space to begin with, my front wheel fell off the sidewalk into the street. The light also just turned green! Since I was trying to regain my balance, I couldn't move completely out of the way in time. A car going about 15-20MPH ticked my front wheel and I barely had enough time to move completely out of the way. The group of men asked if I was okay and then I took off to catch up with my companion. It was a miracle that both my bike and I were unharmed! This all happened in about 10 seconds. Hopefully that's the closest I'll come to an accident.

On 水曜, we went to the Chigasaki駅 to carol and kubari again. We didn't have much success as last time and no members came out. I was kinda disappointed and it didn't help because I was already feeling down during the day. We went to a soba shop for dinner and then headed back to the church for 英会話. It was great, except I had to say bye to everyone. The Tatebayashi's and Abe's were there so I talked with them and then we took pictures. I'm going to miss the Shonan ward so much!

Transfer day was also hectic. I said bye to Jödicke 長老 as he left to Kichijoji. The rest of us went to the station to pick up Poff 長老 and then went to the mall to study. Ayala 長老 had to leave next; he's going to Kofu, which is very far. We then went to Carl's Jr. for lunch. After lunch, we got our stuff and went to the station again. I got on my train for Ofuna and Poff 長老 for Fujisawa. Carrying a bag, bike, and a suitcase on my back was not easy! Luckily it wasn't too long of a train ride. I transferred to the Odakyu line and headed for Kamakura. I waited for Lind 長老 and Coleman 長老. Later in the evening, we met up with a PI, Haru, in Shichirigahama. We ate pancakes at a shop near the beach. Haru used to be a bad kid in school, until his teacher talked to him. He changed everything; his dream is to help the kids in Africa! What a great dream! And he is still in high school! We taught him about baptism and he accepted a soft invitation to baptism! He is very promising! We also met couple Mormons from Washington state.They were dressed as Santa Claus and Mrs.Claus; they just got back from a charity event at a children's hospital. So, my first day in 鎌倉(Kamakura) was pretty great!

We haven't had much success lately. We met with Nakachi兄弟 the other day; he's way cool! He got baptized in July and he loves the gospel! Other than that, we've been trying to do a lot of street contacting. Since 鎌倉 is a popular tourist site, everything dies down at night, so it's hard to do anything after 8. Most of the time we just contact people from the area book and try to visit  potential investigators.

My companions Lind 長老 and Coleman 長老 are great. Elder Lind is on transfer 5 and Elder Coleman is on 12. There are some crazy hills in this area...so I don't have to worry about leg day. It's been an adventure so far and I'm sure there will be more, so I'm excited. Thank you so much for reading every week! I'm sorry it's so long but it's hard to sum up everything during the week. Since you won't here from me until the day of, MERRY CHRISTMAS!! メール・クリスマス🎄!


Family home evening with Harvey 姉妹と兄弟、Tashibu兄弟と姉妹 and Kaneko姉妹 last week! 


Lesson with Nakachi兄弟!


Kamakura missionaries plus the Zone Leaders Perez長老 and Gerrard長老

-Elder Chab
チャブ長老 or 茶武長老
愛しています!