Sunday, December 4, 2016

ANOTHER WEEK OF MIRACLES



The nice origami lady that we met on the train!



Carl's Jr. with the Shonan missionaries!



Sweet new suit from H&M!皆さんこんにちは!!
Wow, it's Monday already. It's true when they say that weeks feel like
days and days feel like weeks. とにかく, I want to start off by saying
お誕生日おめでとう or HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my amazing little sister Melody and
also to my grandma! I hope both of you have another 素晴らしい year! Thank
you so much for the love and support you have shown me! I love and
miss you!

火曜日 (11-29-16) was very interesting. We met up with a potential
investigator; I will not mention his name for privacy. We met him at
the park in Chigasaki, about a 30 min bike ride from our apartment. A
ward member, Brother Harvey, who is a return missionary, came with us.
Long story short, he believes that before 1863, the world was
uncivilized. Like the Stone Age. He said everything we've been taught
were lies. He said the Book of Mormon was written in 1970 and that he
met Joseph Smith. He thinks the Book of Mormon is true though. He also
said he hears voices. We didn't really get to teach him anything. But
he took a Book of Mormon and we might meet again. We will have to
think about it.

We got Krispy Kreme donuts for district meeting!!! It was great! The
place is only open for a week and we knew it'd be a while before we
get to have it again so we went for it. 英会話 was amazing, as usual! On
金曜日, we had to go to Kichijoji for Facebook training. I got to see my
MTC district again! I missed Davis 長老, Cuff 長老, Jones 長老, and Sadler
長老 a lot. So as a mission, we are folding 1000 paper cranes. On the
train ride to Kichijoji, my companion was folding some. A lady saw him
and then talked to us! She said she loves origami and taught us how to
make a flower. She said she was Christian and she used to live with
Mormons. We talked about what we do as missionaries and she seemed
interested. When we had to part ways, we gave her a モルモン書 (Book of
Mormon). She was excited! Unfortunately we didn't get the chance to
ask for her contact info..But hopefully we meet her again or she goes
to church one day. It was a miracle!

Over the weekend, we had stake conference in Shonandai. I could only
understand about 40% of what was said. But I still enjoyed it.
Hopefully one day I will be able to understand all of it!

On Sunday night, we had dinner at the Shinno family's house. They are
so nice! Brother Shinno is a return missionary. He served in Sapporo.
The two of them got married back in March so they are pretty recent!
They prepared a dish called sukiyaki. It has beef, tofu, mushrooms and
other stuff in like a broth. It is dipped in raw egg and you eat it
with rice. I don't know what a lot of it was but it was goooood! As I
am out here, I am learning to be less picky. Mom and dad, I'm sure
you'd be happy to hear that lol

Today was a pretty good day. We went to Carl's Jr. as a district for
lunch. It was great and it kinda reminded me of home. The sisters left
because they had other errands. But we went to H&M to look around. My
companion bought some new slacks, Ayala 長老 got a Guns & Roses T-shirt
and I bought a blue suit! It wasn't that expensive surprisingly and it
fits great! I've always wanted a blue suit haha! Then we went to Lopia
to do some grocery shopping.

Overall, another great week. As you know, the Church came out with
some Christmas related stuff. If you haven't seen the "Light The
World" video, I highly recommend it. I encourage all of you to be a
light for other people, especially this month. I love Christmas season
so much! There is a much more positive spirit everywhere! Seek out
opportunities to serve others. I promise you will learn a lot and
become closer to Christ as you do so. Thank you so much for the love
and support you've shown me. It has definitely been a source of
strength. 愛しています!Have a great week!

チャブ長老