Wednesday, November 9, 2016

LAST WEEK AT THE MTC DESU!


水 11-2-16
While playing some amazing volleyball with just my zone, I stubbed my left thumb on the ball really bad. It hurt super bad and then I found out that it was sprained. I couldn't move it at all. So that pretty much killed my P-day. We went to the temple as a zone though; it was so amazing to go together. The temple workers were surprised about how large are group was and thought it was wonderful that we did it together. Skype TRC was super fun as usual; we taught about tithing.

木 11-3-16
Thursdays (木) are always weird here. Everyone is just not as energized and there is just a weird vibe. It's equivalent to the outside world's Monday, if that makes any sense. My thumb was still sprained so I didn't play volleyball. Instead, I went with Davis 長老, Sadler 長老, and Jones 長老 to the gym to exercise. During dinner, Askew 姉妹 said she missed me at volleyball and wondered where I was. I never played sports in high school because I'm just bad at it. But during my stay here, I've come to love volleyball and I'm actually not that bad. So it was hard not playing it for a day. Every night, and elder from China comes into my dorm and talks with my roommates and I. His name is Elder Zhong. He is going to the Oakland, California mission. He doesn't speak much English but we can get basic conversations with him. Often times, he'll teach us how to say something in Chinese and we'll teach him the same thing in Japanese.

金 11-4-16
WE GOT OUR FLIGHT PLANS!!!!!!! I'm also the travel leader; meaning I'm in charge of making sure everyone is on the plane and that we are all together. I don't know why they picked the shortest person in the group though; it'll be tough to spot me in the airport lol. I'm so excited!!! I also played volleyball with one hand since my left hand can't move...I'm actually a little better with one hand ;p

土 11-5-16
Strauss 兄弟 had to go to a wedding today, so we had a sub, Taylor 姉妹. She is from San Diego, California! Waddell 姉妹 had us memorize our favorite scripture. I don't really have one but I just picked 2 Nephi 22:2. It's a great verse and really shows how evident God is in my life. Back at the residence hall, Snyder 長老 had a bag of Swedish Fish (Candy) and he was eating them with chopsticks. He took one, threw it up in the air, and tried to catch it with his chopsticks. He missed; it isn't easy because they are really small, they are a little bigger than a micro SD card. He tried again. This time, the candy hit the ceiling and came down faster than before...but HE CAUGHT IT! When he caught it, everyone was silent for a few seconds. Then we just started screaming in excitement! It was amazing!

日 11-6-16
It was fast Sunday. It was brutal, especially because we didn't eat a lot the night before. We had our first mission conference; the past fast Sunday wasn't a regular one. Cuff 長老 and I taught about baptism during priesthood. In sacrament, my district sung "Come Thou Fount" for the special music number. It was really good. Prior to the MTC, I never really liked singing and I never participated in any choir groups. For devotional, Jenny Oaks Baker and her family came to perform for us. Jenny is a professional violin player, she's been playing since she was 4! She is also the daughter of Dallin H. Oaks from the Quorum of the 12. All of her children play instruments; starting from oldest to youngest, violin, piano, cello, and guitar. They were so amazing! I love music and I hope one day, my future family will too!

月 11-7-16
We taught 3 lessons. We usually teach Yamazaki-san and Ota-san on Mondays and Aoi-san on Tuesdays. But on Tuesday, apparently 3 companionships were going to do that so we just decided to teach all 3 today. It actually went pretty well. It was our last lesson with Yamazaki-san before we go to Japan; we taught about enduring to the end. We had Chic-fil-a for dinner!!! I was so excited because I've been wanting that for so long and I wouldn't have it for 2 years. We tried to play volleyball but thanks to daylight savings time, it got dark really fast. So we played frisbee for a bit and then we just sat down on the grass and marveled at the beautiful sunset. We also practiced the missionary farewell song "I'll Find You My Friend" with the other dai senpai district.

火 11-8-16
We had our last deep dive with President Daniels today. It was amazing, as always. We set up the gym for the last time too. Brother and Sister Jones spoke to us for devotional. The dai senpai districts sung for the Robinsons because they won't be there to see us off to Japan. Then we all had devotional review together.

About those flight plans... We have to be at the travel office at 5AM. The Tokyo South missionaries (there are 10 of us) leave SLC airport to Portland Oregon around 8. Then we have a two hour wait for our next flight. We'll arrive at the Tokyo Narita airport at 3PM on Tuesday. In our group are 4 (out of 5 from my district, Crippen 長老 is going to the Fukuoka mission) elders, Miyagawa 姉妹, 4 姉妹 from the other zone and me. I'm so excited!!! We'll be packing up a little bit today. I can't believe how fast time flew. I enjoyed my stay here at the MTC and I learned so much. I'm glad that I stayed 9 weeks; I questioned it at first but now I realize that that's what I needed. For future missionaries, cherish your time at the MTC. Your mission begins right as you get to the MTC, not when you get to the field. The missionary that you are at the MTC will be the missionary you'll be in the field. So make the best out of it. Strive for exact obedience. 
So I hear that Trump won :o Well, it's a good thing I'll be in Japan for the next two years. To be honest, it's been a really peaceful experience to be cut off from the news and politics. I never cared too much about politics. But good luck everyone!!
For those that want to mail me stuff, please use my Japan address from now on!!! For packages it'll be a bit expensive so I wouldn't recommend doing it often, unless you really want to. I love getting mail because it keeps me linked with all of you! I know that some of you will be worried about me as I go to Japan. Don't stress, for I am in the Lord's hands. I know he will bless and protect me as I serve. I hope all of you have a great week..When you hear from me next time, I'll be in the Land of the Rising Sun.. JAPAN!!!! 愛しています!
ーチャブ長老



Sometimes we just have to let all that stress out with a good ol' back massage!


Just enjoying the temple grounds!


District 5B and 5D with Brother and Sister Robinson



Well this is what I'd look like with glasses :o


So Cuff 長老 got some shoe bags in the mail..
They make great hats..as well as the MTC store bags