Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Week 5 DESU!

SUIYOUBI 10-12-16
After laundry, Jones 長老 and I studied Nihongo and some doctrine. We prepared our lesson for TRC. Then we went to the temple for endowments. For TRC, Cuff 長老 and I taught about the Holy Ghost and how to recognize it. Both lessons were great! We taught Nielson 長老 relative again. I love teaching her because she gets so involved in our lessons. She doesn't give us simple, one word answers. We also got 20 kouhai today. They are a great group of missionaries. It'll take me a while to learn all their names though.

MOKUYOUBI 10-13-16
A lot of lesson planning today. We didn't get to teach Ota-san today because the companionships before us took up the time. We only had 5 minutes with him; we testified and then prayed with him. He said it was great and enjoyed it despite not teaching a lesson.

KIN'NYOUBI 10-14-16
We taught Aoi-san about prophets, dispensations, and Jesus Christ; another great lesson. It was a weird day though. Snow Shimai got sick so she-along with her companion Bills Shimai- didn't come to class until after lunch. Cuff 長老 was still feeling a little sick. The MTC is just like a bubble of sickness lol. It felt kinda empty through out the day. We were all just out of it I guess.

DOYOUBI 10-15-16
Super boring day today. We played the saddest game of volleyball ever. We all were lethargic and super slow. The ball would be right next to someone and they wouldn't try to hit it. We barely managed to get the ball going back and forth 3 times in a row. We had no energy at all. My district also had an Eigo Danjiki (English Fast) until dinner. We only spoke Nihongo until dinner. It was actually pretty fun. I learned a lot from it and it most likely won't be the last one we do. After all, when we get to Japan, we will mainly be speaking Japanese.

NICHIYOUBI 10-16-16
I love Sundays here. Vai Sikahema (I doubt I spelled it right) came to speak to us for devotional. He was an amazing football player. He played for several NFL teams including the Cardinals and the Packers. He spoke about the power of our influence. It was one of my favorite talks and I think it was what I needed to hear. We then watched Joseph Smith for movie night.

GETSUYOUBI 10-17-16
We taught Yamazaki-san about keeping the Sabbath day holy and she agreed to go to church. That's great because she wasn't going to church because she had work. But she talked to her boss and got the day off. Ota-san was great too. We talked about how the gospel blesses families and he agreed to go to church too. During dinner, we had Hawaiian chicken; it was soooo good. I sat with the kouhai and got to know some of them more, including Boyd Shimai.I found out she used to work at the MTC before she decided to serve a mission. 

KAYOUBI 10-18-16
I wasn't feeling up to par today. I didn't let that stop me though. We taught a great lesson to Aoi-san. Lynn G. Robins spoke for devotional and we sung "Be Still My Soul" for MTC Choir. Robins spoke about Christlike attributes and how it can help us after our mission. The Nihonjin (Morita Shimai, Park Shimai, and Furutani Shimai) taught us the bee song after devotional.It goes like this "Bun bun bun, ha chi ga to bun, o i ke no ma wa ri ni o ha na ga sa i ta yo, bun bun bun, ha chi ga to bun". What makes it hard is that it's sung really fast and in between every sound, you say "Ru". For example, its actually "haru chiru garu toru bun". Its such a fun song!

I start my 6th week today. I can't believe it. It feels like time is gradually speeding up week by week. I leave for Japan on Nov.14. I'm so excited! I get my katakana name tags next week! My senpai, which are dai senpai, leave on Monday. I feel like we just became senpai and now I'm gonna be a dai senpai next week. If the rest of my mission goes that fast, I'm considering extending my mission for a month. When I get back from my mission, most colleges will have already started the semester. So it would be nice to serve for an additional month. But I have two years to think about that. I hope all of you have a great week! あいしてます!
ーチャブ長老


A side effect of studying all day!
Sorry for the lack of pictures this week. Nothing too crazy happened lol


Me, Cuff 長老, Weaver 長老 and Eppel 長老