Wednesday, October 12, 2016

MTC Week 4 Desu!


SUIYOBI (WEDNESDAY) 10-5-16
We wake up early to get our laundry done. There's always a ton of people that are there before us though. It's a good thing that laundry is free; the only thing we pay for is the detergent. Later on in the evening , we had TRC. Cuff Choro and I taught two people; one of them was Nielson Choro's mom! Nielson Choro left on the 3rd to Japan. He's serving in the Tokyo South mission, so I might see him in a few months. His mom showed us pictures that he sent; it was pretty cool.

MOKUYOBI (THURSDAY) 10-6-16
The chorotachi(elders) in my district got our Japan mission shirts today. They are awesome! Now the whole district has matching shirts. Volleyball was kinda empty at first but more people joined later. It still felt odd without the dai senpai playing beside us though. Towards the end of our night class, our teachers asked us to role play sharing a scripture with our doryo(companion). We prayed about what to share with our doryo. I then opened up the Gospel Library app on my iPad and went to the Book of Mormon. I chose a random book, random chapter, and random verse. It was Mosiah 23:10. Some background on it: Alma prayed to God to know if he should be the leader of his people and to receive help. It is a great scripture for missionaries. Even though the language and the mission itself can be difficult, if we sincerely pray to God, he will make us into his instrument to spread the gospel. I felt like I received revelation from that prayer and I am thankful for it. After class, us chorotachi sung the "Elephant Song". It goes like this: Zou-san, Zou-san, o hana ga naga ino ne, Zou Oka-san mo naga ino yo". It was a wonderful day.

KIN'YOBI (FRIDAY) 10-7-16
Pretty average day. However, we played a crazy game of beach volleyball against District 5D. I forgot to mention that we got new shimaitachi on Wednesday! They are Nihonjin! Only one speaks English but we are able to communicate with them through Nihongo. Anyway, they decided to join us for volleyball towards the end.I guess they've never played before because we had to teach them. It was a blast and they enjoyed it as much as we did. We then took district pictures after. 

DOYOBI (SATURDAY) 10-8-16
Cuff Choro and I taught Ota-san today. We were planned to teach about the Atonement and the Book of Mormon. We reviewed what we taught him last time(which was the Atonement) but then he asked about prayer and apparently still didn't have a clear knowledge of God and Jesus Christ. We weren't prepared to answer those questions in Nihongo so our lesson kinda went down the drain. We were disappointed in ourselves. After the lesson, Strauss Kyodai(who roleplays as Ota-san) coached us for a bit on how to improve.We felt better after that and became to determined to try even harder next time.

NICHIYOBI (SUNDAY) 10-9-16
Cuff Choro and I taught during district meeting(which is basically like Sunday school); we taught "How to Recognize and Understand the Spirit". We taught in English and it went great. It was also danjiki nichiyobi (fast sunday);we didn't eat breakfast and lunch. When we were coming back from our Sunday walk, Cuff Choro and I saw an Audi A7 in the parking lot. President Daniels was walking with us. I said "That's a nice A7". President Daniels said "I wonder who it belongs to" and reaches in his pocket and clicks the key to make it light up(meaning it was his car).Cuff Choro and I laughed so hard. We didn't expect that from our branch president; it was so smooth lol. For devotional, Brother Heaton talked to us about repentance. Then we watched "The Testaments" for movie night. 

GETSUYOBI (MONDAY) 10-10-16
Its been a full week since my dai senpai left for Japan. It still feels kinda empty. Cuff Choro and I taught Yamazaki-san on how the gospel blesses families. We didn't use our pre-written scripts on our iPads that much so we translated on the fly. It went well. Then we taught Ota-san again. We took it back to the basics and talked about God and Jesus Christ. We answered his questions and taught in Nihongo without even looking at our iPad/lesson plan. It was amazing! The spirit is able to teach so much more when we go that route. We had TACO BELL for dinner! I was craving it since I left home! 

KAYOBI (TUESDAY) 10-11-16
We taught Aoi-san on how the gospel blesses families. Today's devotional was truly inspiring. While waiting for it to start, Elder Bednar and his wife walk in with the MTC presidency; it was a surprise because they never tell us who will be speaking before hand. The whole room stood up in honor. We felt like the spirit hit us like a wall when he walked in.Having an Apostle of God speak to us in person is such a blessing. He talked to us about his way of taking notes for conference talks. We sort out the talks by name and then make 3 columns: Doctrine & Principles, Invitation, and Promised Blessings. I'm not much of a note taker but I liked his way of doing it so I might start taking notes like that. For choir, we sung an arrangement of "Precious Savior, Dear Redeemer". It's such a great song! Today was one of the most spiritual days in my life! 

Another week of miracles. Today, we get kouhai! We get 20 new missionaries! 12 chorotachi and 8 shimaitachi. I'm excited! I can't believe it's been 4 weeks already. One of the things I miss the most beside my family and friends is music. Great songs always end up being sung through out the day and we all wish we could listen to them one more time. I also miss playing music.I want to drum soo bad! Anyway, I hope all of you have a great week. Be sure to share the blog with everyone else and check out the rest of my district's blogs! The links are on the side bar. See you next week! あいしてます!



The dai senpai wrote messages for us before the left for Nihon


Davis Choro has an old school Polaroid camera from the 90s. This is what came of it!


Provo Temple!


District 5B







The infamous jumping photo!





Eaton Shimai with the Nihonjin!