Monday, October 8, 2018

Change

頼もう!
Lot of fun this week. We got to pet a saint bernard. It was heavier than me! Easily the biggest dog I've come across. Then we had a combined district council with the Atsugi/Hodogaya district. 16 missionaries..way more than I was used to this transfer. 
On Thursday, we did some park service with the Kamakura elders. We planted some seeds and had some good talks with the other volunteers. Then we had blitz with the Fujisawa/Kamakura district. It started to rain a bit, but it was still a lot of fun! We were able to talk to quite a few people. 

Recently, we've been invited over to a few members' homes cause it is my last week. I also bore my testimony in sacrament meeting. I can honestly say that serving amongst the Japanese people has been one of the most rewarding experiences I've had. There were many hard times that I felt would never end, but now I can look back on them with confidence for the future. I met a lot of great people and I've learned how to love them as the Savior does. I didn't get to see any of my investigators receive baptism, but I saw others experience the joy of the gospel and as a result, I got to as well. Many of the members I met here decided to serve a mission. Truly a wonderful sight! 

Serving a mission has taught me how to turn outward and serve others. I am sad that this opportunity as a full-time missionary is coming to an end, but I know there are more great opportunities ahead. I am so thankful for President and Sister Warnick, their dedication to their calling, and their love for us and the work. I am thankful for all the wonderful members and friends that I've been able to meet and work with. Japan will always be a big part of my life. I know that the work will continue to press forward here in Japan. Thank for all the love and support. I love you all. Stay strong!

-Elder Chab
チャブ長老




Blurry, but I hope this puts into perspective how big the dog was



Combined district council



Last blitz!