Sunday, June 3, 2018

Like a Good Neighbor! Transfer 14!

We've been taking advantage of our new apartment by doing some neighborhood cleanup and making friends with our neighbors. One of our neighbors gave us some loquats from his tree and we gave some cookies to some others. Just spreading some love! I got a taste of what member missionary work is. I'm excited for it!

Speaking of member missionary work, we had カレーの夕べ at bishop's house again. We invited 中川さん, the guy we met on the street about 3 weeks ago that took us a restaurant. He's super funny and the members loved him. He was able to learn and experience what members are like in this church. It was a great opportunity and it looks like this is just the beginning! 

Yesterday during elder's quorum, a brother got some heat from another brother. We felt bad for him so we decided to bring him some brownies that night. When we went, he was asleep, but his wife was very thankful. We later got a message of thanks from him. 
Something I realized is that it's about the small things that we do in our everyday life to help other's feel God's love. Not only do we become more like Christ, but we help others as well. There's nothing better than showing love to others!

Well, we got transfer announcements today...I'm going to Yamato and my companion will be Elder Jaeckel! I'm super sad to leave Machida; I love everyone in the ward so much! Gonna be a bit weird cause I'll be visiting Kamakura and Hodogaya, both of my previous areas, each week.  I'm sure there's adventures waiting for me over there! 
Anyway, remember to show some love this week to everyone! Until next week!


-Elder Chab
チャブ長老
#RaiseTheBah



One of the biggest sports night in Machida!



Machida 1 district!