Monday, September 11, 2017

TRANSFER 8! A YEAR???

皆さん頼もう!

Sometimes I forget that there is life outside of being a missionary! People will tell us about what's going on around the world and I am just blown away haha. Especially with all the natural disasters going on. I pray for each one of you and your safety everyday!

So I had quite a number of 交換(koukan-exchange/splits) with other missionaries this week. From Monday night to Tuesday evening, I went with the zone leaders. Rather, just Eteru長老 because his companion Harrison長老 was sick and had to stay home. Eteru長老 is from Australia and he is We talked to a couple people and I got to learn from one of the best finders in the mission. Harrison長老 loves the same music as me, including Linkin Park and Avenged Sevenfold. Small world!

I also went on splits with 関根長老, 池上長老, and Giles長老 on Friday. It wasn't a full splits but I did get to 伝道 with each one of them in Yamato. Our companions are district leaders and they had a new training for all the district leaders at the mission home so they went to that and the companions stayed behind and 伝道'd while they were gone. For a long time, there weren't many guys on the streets for us to talk to. While I was with the 日本人長老達 (Japanese elders), I got to speak more Japanese than usual. It was a good time to grow since I've never had a Japanese companion. Some guy called out to us at some point and told us to come over. He was blasting some Linkin Park song and rap. He then spoke a mix of English, Spanish, and Japanese to us. He didn't want to hear anything we said but said that he respects us. He then started rapping about us and dropped some cuss words in English and Spanish. 池上長老 and I were absolutely shocked because we never hear that out here haha. We did give out a couple Book of Mormons though. A lot of fun!

We did some cleaning the day before transfers and wow! There's so much space! We still have to get rid of some junk left behind by old missionaries though. For all you missionaries, don't leave stuff you don't want in the apartment! It's a pain to get rid of trash, especially in Japan! 

As for transfers, Sipe姉妹 is the new bean-chan! Straight from the MTC! 
It's been a year since a became a missionary! It's crazy to think I had a different life a year ago! I am excited for what's to come!

Recently, I've read a lot of articles from the Liahona and a couple talks from the most recent General Conference. I've learned so much! Something I wanted to share is from Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf's "Perfect Love Casteth Out Fear". He mentions that fear should not be the reason why we do things or why we make other people do things. Fear doesn't change our hearts to do good and people don't learn what they need to learn. Rather, when we replace fear with love, we can learn and benefit so much more! So please, strive to do everything with love! I love all of you! また来週!

-Elder Chab
チャブ長老 
愛しています(^-^)




From Misíon Latina last week with Higa兄弟 and 英会話 student from 厚木 ward! It was great seeing them again!



Throwback to 英会話 in 厚木!



Misíon Latina!